matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

I wish I had a record collection like on that cover!

Used to have something that looks like that 2-3000 records but gotta sell to get married you know!

A very good friend of mine still have a collection like that plus duplicates & copies of various good pressings too. wink.gif

I happened to find a limited and remastered 2003 edition of my favourite Duran Duran album, "Seven and the Ragged Tiger". Reliving all the fantastic songs with contemporary and good mastering makes the cd all the more enjoyable.

This might have been posted before. Lyrical masterpiece. That's saying alot as I'm not a big rap/hip-hop fan. Track 11 features Tom Jones - Pussycat! His own original songs are better but his version of EC's - Knockin' on heaven's door, is the exception to the rule. He's pretty deft on the acoustic guitar, has a unique style which you can hear it passed on to Lauryn Hill as well.

SAVE0117.jpg

It's only inevitable that I dig this out.

There's a little story to how I got to know about this CD. A little OT so I won't get into it. Suffice to say I was pleased to find this, the CD sounds good & the added bonus of an amusing anecdotal memory!

Lauryn Hill sang the songs with alot of emotion, the fact that it was done unplugged made it all the more enjoyable to listen as it was just her, an acoustic guitar & the audience. The commentary inbetween songs is enlightening too.

SAVE0118.jpg

Great dig N@z, have been digging myself and found samplers of this album. Needless to say, eBay I'm a going for a proper CD and vinyl copy happy.gif

post-4-1064599445.jpg

Edited by matbon0013

Double CD. Second CD is remixes. The music is a little like Portishead but a tad more upbeat electronica sound. And yes, her dress is sheer & see thru'!

SAVE0119.jpg