matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

Roxette - The Ballad Hits

some distortion on the earlier tracks..

I have Mackie to thank for digging this out. To do with the DSD+SBM mastering. It helped me while away the brief black out earlier. Had to post this while it's still fresh on my mind.

A couple of the songs/tunes are familiar Like from Enya, Moby, Enigma, Gregorian, Vangelis & Yanni. But the others are what makes this CD very listenable as it's World Beat flavour is something different. I especially like:

Karunesh - Punjab

Delerium feat. Sarah McLachan - Silence : Anyone can recommend me any good Sarah McLachan Albums? Need to expand my repetoire.

Dadawa - Melodius Goddess (Yang Xin Ma) : The singer is described as a Chinese Enya but I'm reminded more of Sinead O'connors dynamic vocal range.

This is one of those discs that will be great as gifts for someone (or to yourself even!). Most everyone will like owning a chill out album one way or another. The Gold disc also ups the ante on bragging rights! Mat, you have got to get one of these!

If anyone sees Voyager 1 or any newer ones let me know as I want it!

SAVE0124.jpg

Edited by N@Z

how about Fumbling Towards Ecstasy? i pretty like this sarah mclachlan (i could never spell the name correctly!) album.

N@z, you can look for cd covers online to save you the trouble of scanning. amazon is good for this. yea and save some webspace for ablaze.

user posted image

Oasis - Definitely Maybe

Edited by evil-zen

Thanks for the recommendation.

Too lazy to look for them but I'll try for the more common ones. I wanted to show the non standard covers on some which you don't get on amazon.

do you know that the final album of smashing pumpkins is not Machina/Machines of God? the final one is Machina II/Friends and Enemies of Modern Music.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&u...l=Ai2jb7i43g7or

Available at all good file sharing utility near you since it not not officially released by their label and billy meant it to be online only as a f you to their label.

evil-zen,

This kinda got me on the confusing end. It is mentioned in the review that some copies are made on vinyl for distribution in the internet that sounds. Well dodgy from Billy's part, everybody knows the fact ripping from vinyl to any compressed format sucks ppth.gif

Searches on eBay returns the Smashing Pumpkins - Machina II (2 CD Album) listed and quickly snapped up with buy it now option within minutes. I managed to download the cover from one of the auction before it was ended by me blush.gif

I just hope this is not one of those eBay scams no.gif

post-4-1065633523.jpg

oh man I thought i agreed to send them over to you? billy corgan did release them on vinyl and one radio station called Q101 ripped the vinyl and remastered and released it in very limited amounts. and of course it was leaked and i was able to download the full uncompressed album.

there are many other inferior releases by other people made by copying the vinyl direct into soundcards. I've downloaded a few versions and so far the best one is Q101. in fact, even the album sleeves and cover art are available online in high resolution.

there is another virgin promo release with sound quality very similar to the Q101. cannot be too sure if the it is the same thing as Q101 it is quite stupid for virgin to remaster something and not able to earn any $$ from it.

more info

http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog....l?discog_id=153

together there are 1 album and 3 Eps released.

Albums of Sarah McLachlan in my collection are:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yet to be released:

user posted image

Still searching..........

user posted image

Mackie, which Sarah Mclachlan album would you recommend for someone who is new to her music like myself.

Bloody Brilliant! Scuze da ingleesh!

I am impressed, nay, blown away by the detail & clarity on this recording even when listening to it on my PCDP+amp+DT880 (loaner). Spacious & out of the head experience. Music is throughly enjoyable too.

user posted image

The music is New Age. I was never a big fan of him when he was still the the group 'Japan'. I thought their music was wierd. Reviews are not too kind about this particular CD stating that it is not the best compilation from his repetoire but for a newbie to Sylvian music this is pretty fascinating. The sound quality makes up for what ever weaknesses that may be thrown at it concerning content which IMHO I thoroughly enjoyed.

What the linked image doesn't show is that this is a Limited edition double CD compilation of instrumental music. The 2nd CD is the remixes. I got this while I was in London last year. Best ₤13.99 I ever spent!

user posted image

This is a classic recorded in 1958, the same year that Cliburn won the prestigious Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow. A masterful tour de force presented in an excellent XRCD24 format. Must Try. wink.gif

Mackie, which Sarah Mclachlan album would you recommend for someone who is new to her music like myself.

I suggest "Surfacing". happy.gif

Noted, thanks Tee.

Listening to some MP3s tonight, shock horror! rolleyes.gif

Anyway, here's a list of the good ones:

• Play That Funky Music White Boy - George Clinton: Used on the soundtrack to Evolution. Really funky.
  • It's Been Awhile - Stained: Cool smoke.gif
  • Stupify - Disturbed: Kickin'! party.gif
  • I Think God Can Explain - Splendor: cool.gif
  • Fly me to the moon - Frank Sinatra: My fav. tune from ol' blue eyes. yeah.gif
  • That's Amore - Frank Sinatra & Dean Martin: Tongue in cheek song.
  • Drops of Jupiter - Train: sleep.gif