Sign in to follow this  
Blacknight

Anybody here like anime?

Last Exile .. Very good anime

Together wif Scrapped Princess on eof the best anime this year.

Wolf's Rain is also good .. music by Yoko Kanno. happy.gif

actually the best music, in my own view, comes from NOIR and Hellsing.

Do check out these 2 anime too.Excellente!

NOIR places too much emphasis on music liao haha sometimes cannot stand it. Abit like drawing the anime to suit the music. Hellsing was cool, but think they rushed the series, would be better if they expended it to 26 episodes.

Getbackers is another good anime too. Do check it out. For sports fans, try Whistle!, its made to commerate the Japan/Korea World Cup, and Hajime No Ippo !!!! hehe solid and funny boxing anime.

the manga show very much more.They(Alucard and Victoria) actually travel round the world on hunting.The chip was actually made by Nazis for world domination. sleep.gif

wahah ... i find Fullmoon wo sagash*te the songs .... very nice so is gundam seed ... gundam X .. Eva ... and lot more !!! wub.gifwub.gifwub.giflaugh.gifhappy.gif

There are websites that try to explain what happened in the end of Eva. I can't remember what they said now, but it seemed to make some kind of sense! I like the way the Gainax got so low on budget that they resorted to drawing stick men tongue.gif Thats dedication to finishing the project!

I got up to ep 14or so of Noir, but then I had to delete all the ep's from my computer so I could make a backup of the hard-disk! NooOooo now I can't finish watching them until my brother returns from university with his CD's of them all.... Does it have agood ending??

Edited by Tenson

Wolf's Rain is also good

It's really weird though, I mean...they discuisee themselves as humans...and that robot thing is killer

Has anyone seen Macross Zero yet?

supposed to be 6 episodes, 2 have been released, with 1 release every 6 months.

Next release is supposed to be scheduled for Dec.

IT's a prequel to the macross story, timeline is from the crash of the macross to the war that followed, including lots of testing of the VF-0 etc.

very nice animation.

Ep1 had this brilliant slow motion scene of the VF-0 morphing from the fighter to battloid mode. simply awesome.

I love anime too, but I'm quite particular abt what I watch.

HUGE fan of momuro oshii(spelling??). Got All his stuff on DVD...

Chris

Edited by yongchris

yongchris, just downloaded the two episodes for macross zero.. awesome stuff. I think the island is some sort of battleship stranded or something and the girl is the key to reviving it. The fight scenes are imaginative and nicely paced.

Im also like you. Love anime but im very particular abt the stuff i watch.

yongchris, just downloaded the two episodes for macross zero.. awesome stuff. I think the island is some sort of battleship stranded or something and the girl is the key to reviving it. The fight scenes are imaginative and nicely paced.

Im also like you. Love anime but im very particular abt the stuff i watch.

hey Q00

Just Chris will do.

I'm pretty particular abt the storyline. I'm not really into the cutesy stuff, but prefer the harder-edged stories.

If you've never seen it, I'd highly recommend mamuro oshii.

He directed the original Ghost in the Shell movie, Patlabor 1 and 2, Jin-Roh the wolf brigade, Blood the last vampire. He's very dark, with lots of layers to the story. Of course fantastic animation by IG productions too and not forgetting the brilliant soundtrack by Kenji Kawai (Does anyone have this on CD???)

Also, if you like Ghost in the Shell movie, There is a Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex on the net. 26 stand alone episodes, animated by IG productions. Episode 22 just aired in Japn (I have until epi 21, with subtitles.)

Did you see the morphing scene in Zero, was it awesome or what. If ONLY they could remake the original macross series with that kind of animation. simply beautiful......waiting for episode 3 now, will post here when I see it smile.gif

My question to anime lovers is... Where do you get your stuff? So far, I either get it off the net, or buy the DVD from the 3rd floor shop at SLS(3 shops down from hung bros). Does anyone know of any other sources for DVDs? AND soundtracks.

I've been especially hunting the soundtracks for Ghost in the Shell, Hellsing and Cowboy Bebop. It costs waaaaay too much to order it from amazon.jp

Chris

Chris, all 26 episodes fo GITS:STAC are already out, productions for season 2 is currently ongoing. If you guys have watched the original GITS movie, then you'll realise that Matrix copied a lot of ideas from it. Simply its one of the best animation movie ever.

Excuse me for intruding laugh.gif As yet, I like Samurai X and all of Hayao's productions eg Grave of the Fireflies.

Edited by Mackie

Arh Grave of the Fireflies, a very sad animation, Mackie, you watched Princess Mononoke ? Another one of his excellent production. And yes Samurai X, the anime that started it all for me party.gif