Sign in to follow this  
mouz

Mini3 Front/Back Panel group buy

Very nice...

Looking at that... Guys, how about if possible to use clear, and have paint or whatever done to other part except the wording so that when the switch is on, than the LED will lit the wording from inside. By doing so, no need to have hole for the LED.... like the mobile phone key pad.... will looks nice especially at night...lol.

Just some crazy idea.....

And for the scratch protection, the clear coat like for modelling or even the car paint is one of the idea... apart from that, we can easily apply a plastic protector... like some plastic protector for the mobile screen or the Ipod. Than this plastic will be easily replaced once it got a lot of scratch.

The downside of clear coat is just when it get scratch, you have to re-paint it. And also, it will looks glossy... I guess that what you guys want to avoid....

Edited by shw24

Very nice...

Looking at that... Guys, how about if possible to use clear, and have paint or whatever done to other part except the wording so that when the switch is on, than the LED will lit the wording from inside. By doing so, no need to have hole for the LED.... like the mobile phone key pad.... will looks nice especially at night...lol.

And for the scratch protection, the clear coat like for modelling or even the car paint is one of the idea... apart from that, we can easily apply a plastic protector... like some plastic protector for the mobile screen or the Ipod. Than this plastic will be easily replaced once it got a lot of scratch.

The downside of clear coat is just when it get scratch, you have to re-paint it. And also, it will looks glossy... I guess that what you guys want to avoid....

If everything works out well, I don't mind doing overseas orders if large quantities :beer: Payment via western union.

Sorry tonight I can't try on the coated acrylic for sample.. gotta rush for some other stuffs.

Very nice...

Actually we were talking abt that earlier on. Tell you what, I'll try and find a way to simulate this idea and post some pics online with my maglite. LED's not soldered on yet as I need the panel as a gauge to find out how high above the PCB it should be.

The phone protector idea is good. I saw some plastic stickons (probably 1mm thick or less) that you can use to cut out the shape you want and stick it on. But I'm gonna go ahead with coated acrylic to save the trouble. This side project's been taking up quite a bit of my time. Hope you guys understand! :grin:

mouz, thanks for your time and effort. Things would not have reached this stage if not for your commitment to the community. Much appreciated thanks. :party:

Edited by heady

I'm sure that this project not only take quite a bit of ur time, but actually it takes alot if you sum up the time that you use to think about this as well...

THanks so much mouz....

Good news for you guys! Panels fits perfectly :thumbup:

IPB ImageIPB Image

Bad news for me, i think i fried my opamps. :cry:

Looks nice! you masked out the burnt marks with the led!

Fried!?? feel sorry for you :shocking::wacko:

Bad news for me, i think i fried my opamps. :cry:

mouz, sorry about your opamps. Do you know why? If you need help to change them, let me know. The panels looked great, thanks!