Morgan Wu

DIY guide for LOD

who/what is ridax? and haha you have any spare? I'll try scouting around for it. I think stereo has it actually iirc but $$$ heh. and maybe not so small can't remember.

ridax is the online shop i got it from: http://www.chargeconverter.com/shop/connector.htm

i got a 2 spares lah, but i am not sure if anyone will approach me to ask me help them make LOD or not. If you are not in a hurry next time when i buy in i include ur share then. U just got to pay the dock and ur share of shipping can already.

I dont think Stereo carries it yet. Hope they consider.

ridax is the online shop i got it from: http://www.chargeconverter.com/shop/connector.htm

i got a 2 spares lah, but i am not sure if anyone will approach me to ask me help them make LOD or not. If you are not in a hurry next time when i buy in i include ur share then. U just got to pay the dock and ur share of shipping can already.

I dont think Stereo carries it yet. Hope they consider.

if you need a high quality diy lod at affordable price

morgan is the guy you are looking for

very friendly guy and fast & reliable lod maker, i can vouch for it

thanks bro!

actually koba does have some dock. only they are the big ones and available in white colour. and it's actually cheaper then i shipping from qables

Thanks Nitrous, :) Enjoy.

Yeah Habba, i told Wsatia about Koba. They got the white dock retailing at 3.50 each. The problem is, not many people want white docks nowadays. Lol, lim (the guy in Koba) was telling me about how he brought them in and suddenly everyone wants black. I want black too, hence got no choice but to order them online.

I enjoy shopping in Koba, and if i got the time, i can stay in there for an awful long time, just to check out their stuff and dreaming up new designs.

ok... so i've been out of the picture for some time, busy with my fixing up amps. Well here's my contribution today to keep this thread alive.

IPB Image

this is a 3 silver core and 1 copper LOD, was playing around with the sleeving around the cable that a good friend of mine made me guess what it was for several months.. haha.

Its available at Koba. Not aware of the brand though, if there is any. I didnt get that plug because it looks out of place with my designs. But it went well with the plug dennis made.

a piece of advice, if ur cables are large, don't use that plug, the cable outlet is sort of too small. I made this cable cos i just found out what material my friend used for the sleeving around the cables, haha.

here is a picture of my DIY LOD. Thanks to Morgan for the tips on his website. :grin:

Parts used

iPod dock connector from SE

Neutrik RCA connector

3mm black snakeskin

iPod dock

Y-splitter

Canare 4-way & 2-way microphone cable

some heat shrink tubings

Silver solder

Araldite epoxy glue

all can be bought from one-stop SLT except the Y-splitter from Qables. use slow-setting (12-hour) Araldite glue to close up the Y-splitter halves & dock shells gives a very strong bond and dries clear.

had great fun doing my first piece... will do a few more different ones... next one in line will be a 3.5mm stereo minijack to 2 RCA cables... hehehe

IPB Image

the LOD cables connected to my tube headamp... ;p

IPB Image

Edited by audison

My my... More and more experts joining the fray isnt it? This one looks real professionally done! Furthermore with that box as background, one can easily misunderstood the cable as a pro-one!

With left and right indicated with heatshrink somemore, very meticulously thought out. Nice!!!

PS: how much did you spend on this cable?

I tried making a iMod LOD today after receiving the caps i brought. Well, it should be interesting to some people, just thought i share.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

VERY tight space inside. i consider myself super lucky that i even made it. The sound is, erm, alright i guess. Not that much different from a new LOD i recently developed, but havent post pictures of it yet.

Edited by Morgan Wu