Morgan Wu

DIY guide for LOD

I might make one more, actually probably will. I'm like addicted to DIYing now hahahaha(:

And I'm using copper wires from koba dunno what are they the cheap ones $1/metre ones.

oh and, what is AWG?

and how do you guys pull the pins out of the dock? I had some trouble with mine it was really irritating.

Edited by wsatia

I might make one more, actually probably will. I'm like addicted to DIYing now hahahaha(:

And I'm using copper wires from koba dunno what are they the cheap ones $1/metre ones.

oh and, what is AWG?

and how do you guys pull the pins out of the dock? I had some trouble with mine it was really irritating.

AWG stands for American wire gauge, basically the size of the wires.

For me i use pliers to pull out the pins.

oh okay thanks(:

I was using pliers too but still the pins (or at least some of them) seemed to be on super tight. Guess it's like that? or maybe I'm just not used to doing such stuff.

Well I made another LOD like small one.

IPB Image

IPB Image

well didn't take a picture of it by itself but you can see it like that.

thanks morgan for starting me on this journey HAHA(:

This was a leaps and bounds from your previous one! Looks like there was a lot of filing. Haha, heavily customized! i look forward to your next one!

Edited by Morgan Wu

Oh yup it is, although it's still mega ugly. And hahaha yeah filed off the neutrik plug screw on thing, to make it shorter. And I filed off the dock too, but didn't cover it up though. any ideas on what to cover it up with after cutting it off like that?

Hmm, use liquid paper to paint it. If you want a real good looking one u need to make a new one loh. Your earpieces are the atrios right? Bet the sliver plated copper goes well with it, should be delivering good bass now.

Edited by Morgan Wu

yeah but say I make a new one, if I want a super short dock like that so I have to chop it into half, how to cover the new exposed parts?