ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Finally, went to meet Tubeman with some of my buddies, to have the wooden cups for my HD650 installed.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Initial impressions:

Expanded soundstage, bigger, smoother and sweeter sound overall, don't know how to describe it, but everything seems to have been fleshed out...biggest improvement noticed, the mids; especially voices, more focused, and so real and sweet!

Wow.. that a nice woodie HD650. Workmanship seems very nice. Can PM me the damage?

Woody HD650 looks sweet! Great handiwork from Victor as usual.

@Whenesday: With that desktop wallpaper, you should've taken a photo of yourself asleep at your desk. :D

Now, all you need is one of these to make it complete :grin: ...

IPB Image

Now, all you need is one of these to make it complete :grin: ...

IPB Image

Wow those plugs look gorgeous. Reminds me of the W1000. :grin:

Hayz, might give up my wood obsession though. This would have paired great w/ my Woody HD650 cups too. :blush:

@Cal

Hows the W1000? Kidult got some posion after trying mine. :smoke:

Edited by jojo_b2

@jojo_b2: Why would you give up your wood obsession?

It's not for the whole rig. I'm still studying how the sound changed on mine. But the Yamamoto and W1000 are keepers. It's just not everything on my Rig will be wood. :mellow:

Hows the W1000? Kidult got some posion after trying mine. :smoke:

First listening sound great with just a few hours of burned in. Really caught me by surprise. So musical that I listened to the whole cd. The combination sound neutral without any coloration. Excellent mid and detail without being bright or too forward. Very live like soundstage. Presentation just sound right. Some magical in this combination that really draw you into music. For those who own the Yama, W1000 is highly recommended!

It's not for the whole rig. I'm still studying how the sound changed on mine. But the Yamamoto and W1000 are keepers. It's just not everything on my Rig will be wood. :mellow:

Is it because of the coming HD800? :grin:

Edited by ical

Bro, all are mono plug leh. :grin:

Maybe can change the connector with one that's stereo. But I think SLS 3rd floor got a shop selling the stereo version. Located next to the printer supply shop "Atlantic Supplies" or something like that, on the side of the Sony Gallery.

I remember that place. Very good price. Used to buy connector and etc for my home theatre. They have almost everything.

Edited by ical

After A-B D7000 and W1000, my preference is still D7000 if I've to choose only one. Thought it lack the extension in high, detail, dynamic and live like soundstage of W1000, I like it's richness, warmness, fuller mid and lower bass. Voice has more texture and feeling in it. The W1000 is one cans that let you enjoy music and forget about sound. Honestly, I never heard of any cans that can do it all. It impossible to have both of both world, there's always a compromise. So both is winner in their own ways. One is warm and another is detail. Now I can switch between them depend on my music and mood. :cans:

Edited by ical