ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Cal

can you teach me how to do that on my rig some time. The leather really looks good. I volunteer to be your Padawan, Master Cal! :blush:

Bro, this extreme polish require some experience so not recommend for diy unless you want to risk damaging it's finishing or removing of wording. It require masking, polishing and layer of waxing. And those polish and wax are not cheap. Cost me a few hundreds buck but last quite some time. Learn all these from a maker of music instrument years back. Been using this knowledge for maintaining my speakers and component ever since.

For leather, you can use mink oil that available at diy shop. It a natural oil that waterproof, condition and preserve leather. Apply a thin even layer (just use hand), allow 10 minutes for it to penetrate, then use a clean cloth to wipe off any excess.

can just asked him to polish :P

Nothing is free. :grin:

Edited by ical

Added new toy...

oh...congrats on your new toy!!! tube pre-amp + S/S amp = hybrid sound!!!

Wah! Your rig look fierce now. :grin: Btw, I think your Qi Cones are placed wrongly. :whistle:

ha, ha...The placements of the Qi Cones were suggested by the previous owner...two of them reversed. Supposed to make voices fuller. Will be playing around with them.

Nofing. Got the Qi Cones from the person who sold me the Diva. If you are interested in a set, I can ask him if he has more.

Edited by Kachui

Not Keith...somebody else.

Already agreed with this seller when Keith offered.

Keith's unit is bright yellow; still on sale at a really good price in echoloft.

Edited by Kachui

Still awake at this hour so I assume all of us are enjoy our new toy now. :grin:

Heh, heh...so how's the W5000 with the Yammy? Better than the W1000?

Heh, heh...so how's the W5000 with the Yammy? Better than the W1000?

I'm surprised that it actually matches my rig well. Maybe my rig is slightly on the warm side. Enjoying it now. :thumbup: Transparent and detail with tight bass. Thought it lack the soundstage and "air" of W1000. I've yet to face any problem mentioned by nofing. Actually W1000 and W5000 are very different and both sound nice to me. Burn in for a few days and see what it turn into.

Edited by ical