ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Lucky, lucky you. How would you find the d7000 compared to the hd650? I always had the impression that denons were the improved version of senns in a way.

Tried the mod HD650, D7000 is still a winner for me. HD650 sound a little flat to me, lack the excitement and bass thought it has a wide soundstage due to it's open design. HD650 owners don't stone me ah, I actually prefer W1000 over it. I'm not a fan of HD650 signature so might be bias.

Edited by ical

Did my observations w/ the ESW10 w/ the W1000 hold true. I really liked the W1000 + Yamamoto combo due to the similarities I find with the ESW10 sound signature.

Anyway the D7000 seems to be a winner. If I had the moolah I think the D7000 would be a great pair w/ the yamamoto too. :drool:

Now back to my Senn (bias). :cans:

@Jojo: Think you will like the D7000's bass with the yamamoto...listened to the pairing at ical's place a few weeks ago. The bass of HD650 with the valgrind cable paired with the yamamoto, pales in comparison. Actually i got a more robust bass from HD650+Novo than HD650+Yamamoto.

You're right bro. Now it's piano mirror shine like D7000! :grin: Did some treatment and conditioning to the pad as well. Took me a whole hard day to do it. :sweat:

IPB Image

Edited by ical

After the polish, the wood grain on the W1000 is more obvious and color is slight darker, richer and saturated. It look more expensive now. :grin:

After the polish, the wood grain on the W1000 is more obvious and color is slight darker, richer and saturated. It look more expensive now. :grin:

Cal

can you teach me how to do that on my rig some time. The leather really looks good. I volunteer to be your Padawan, Master Cal! :blush: