ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

@hellfire112,

entry level CDP like NAD or Cambridge Audio shouldn't cost more than 300 new!

glad to hear that. maybe i should wait for jojo to sell his. :whistle:

@Kidult & Eric

Some more Eye Candy! :whistle:

Thinking of some Oyaides later. :sweat:

nice power cord :drool: must try!!! find one day let's have a Power Cords meet :grin::grin:

Got the Acrolink 4030 the other day for my preamp...urrggh...did not work out...too thin and highs painful to ears...so switched the Tunami from my CDP to the Preamp, and 4030 plugged into the CDP...and the result...bliss! ^_^

Apparently, the Acrolink 4030 and Tunami are great pairing in a rig...sort of a ying and yang.

eh...Jojo...that is one toy (or tweak) a day for the last three days... :grin:

Edited by Kachui

lucky Acrolink 4030 doesnt work on my rig :prettyprincess:

very nice and detail bass but no high!!!

@Kidult & Eric

Some more Eye Candy! :whistle:

IPB Image

Thinking of some Oyaides later. :sweat:

Is that the fake Oyaide plug? The gold plated connector seem like discolored and not straight. :grin:

nice power cord :drool: must try!!! find one day let's have a Power Cords meet :grin::grin:

That'll be interesting. But no limitation or copy powercord or plug please. :grin:

Edited by ical

glad to hear that. maybe i should wait for jojo to sell his. :whistle:

You will wait for months my dear. Unless someone sells an Actual CD Transport for the price you are looking for. lol! :ppth:

But The deal I got it from Kachui really wirth evry penny. The CA is for the CA. :thumbup:

Haha! Sure. I plan to pass it to you guys after burn in. Or if Cal is free might have it cooked. Now really RAW. The highs are a bit harsh. The bass was really lacking when 1st plugged in. But in a matter of 4 hours evrything settling down. Better than 1st plugged in but still really RAW. :rclxub:

Got the Acrolink 4030 the other day for my preamp...urrggh...did not work out...too thin and highs painful to ears...so switched the Tunami from my CDP to the Preamp, and 4030 plugged into the CDP...and the result...bliss! ^_^

Apparently, the Acrolink 4030 and Tunami are great pairing in a rig...sort of a ying and yang.

eh...Jojo...that is one toy (or tweak) a day for the last three days... :grin:

Good thing the Acrolink didn't pair w/ my rig either. I believe the Tunami GPX would be very good on my CDP too. I still remember the last time we tried the Tunami on my Rig. :grin:

Yup its 3 for 3 today but does the cable count as this is a prepaid item. :whistle: I really waited for 3 weeks for this. Really Happy now. :thumbup:

Now have to try your super preamped NOVO! :DD

Is that the fake Oyaide plug? The gold plated connector seem like discolored and not straight. :grin:

That'll be interesting. But no limitation or copy powercord or plug please. :grin:

Haha! I believe the cable is the real thing. To note I was informed that the plugs were replacement ones before he terminated it to my Cable. So I still give Vic credit for this buy. :thumbup:

The price of the cable is a steal after watching the bidding at Audigon. :rclxub:

Might have the cable reterminated after trying it out longer. If this boost my Setup, it's only fair to give it the Rhodiums!!! =)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Somehow the amp looks unbalanced in the last picture. But those cones really make a difference. :D

Edited by nofing

nice amp nofing :yes:

have you tried placing the cones the other way? 1 front center & 2 back or 2 front & 1 back center...

Tried one front center and 2 back, but to the front side it sounds nicer. Haven't tried 2 front, 1 back but apparently vocals get even better that way.

@Nofing

Nice rig you got there. have to try my HD650 on your setup one of these days. But really need to visit Kachui!. =)

You are welcome to visit...but has to be during the weekends when the landlady and family are away.

Still need a couple of tweaks for my rig though...

You are welcome to visit...but has to be during the weekends when the landlady and family are away.

Still need a couple of tweaks for my rig though...

Waah! You already have the good ones. Can't think of other tweaks aside from what you bought already. :rclxub:

No prob I will surely ask you if you're free on a weekend. Hope to see you guys again soon. :grin:

Waah! You already have the good ones. Can't think of other tweaks aside from what you bought already. :rclxub:

No prob I will surely ask you if you're free on a weekend. Hope to see you guys again soon. :grin:

Ha, ha...for one thing, you know where my CDP is placed...certainly not an ideal place. Thinking the the wooden rack like yours...but due to space constraint, looking for other alternatives...was thinking of used speaker stands, perhaps I can put the TAOC platform on which my CDP is sitting, on the stands?

Edited by Kachui

@Kachui: Yep it's a TS Lim mod.

@jojo: After you try Kachui's one tell me how it sounds! The classic 1H looks nice.