ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Added new toy...

Waah! Your rig is WICKED already. Really ahve to visit your place some time. Tube PreAmp + SS combo should be very good for you HD650. Congratulations Kachui! :thumbup:

I'm surprised that it actually matches my rig well. Maybe my rig is slightly on the warm side. Enjoying it now. :thumbup: Transparent and detail with tight bass. Thought it lack the soundstage and "air" of W1000. I've yet to face any problem mentioned by nofing. Actually W1000 and W5000 are very different and both sound nice to me. Burn in for a few days and see what it turn into.

Your W1000 really sounded very good can't imagine how the W5000 would turn out to be in any case. Wish I could try them out when I visit you for the burn in. ;)

Waah! Your rig is WICKED already. Really ahve to visit your place some time. Tube PreAmp + SS combo should be very good for you HD650. Congratulations Kachui! :thumbup:

Thanks. The pre-amp certainly brought big improvement to the rig; brought body solidity and warmth to sound, especially for voices. And oh yeah, more oomph to the bass too. The unit I got was fairly new; six months old, and not burn in yet since the previous owner was using another preamp, and this was gathering dust in storage.

Edited by Kachui

I'm surprised that it actually matches my rig well. Maybe my rig is slightly on the warm side. Enjoying it now. :thumbup: Transparent and detail with tight bass. Thought it lack the soundstage and "air" of W1000. I've yet to face any problem mentioned by nofing. Actually W1000 and W5000 are very different and both sound nice to me. Burn in for a few days and see what it turn into.

The W5000 will outshine the W1000 with proper burn-in (You know what I mean) except much longer process than the W1000. Enjoy.

Your W1000 really sounded very good can't imagine how the W5000 would turn out to be in any case. Wish I could try them out when I visit you for the burn in. ;)

Thanks. You're always welcome to drop by. :))

The W5000 will outshine the W1000 with proper burn-in (You know what I mean) except much longer process than the W1000. Enjoy.

I know exactly what you meant. :grin: Looking forward to. Thanks for the info.

Edited by ical

Waah. Now my rig somewhat complete. Really listening since setting up this afternoon. I should thank my allergies in a way. If not I would have gone to work today. lol! :blush:

My Room Setup.

IPB Image

Another view. I just love BLUE leads. Specially the new toy on Top. :whistle:

IPB Image

My Speaker Rig. Connected to the DacMagic

IPB Image

My fresh from the box rack. With my headphones and amp. My room hasn't felt so clear for sometime. loL!

IPB Image

A view of the My Yamamoto and W1000. :party:

IPB Image

@Kachui

Some pics of the footer and Depth for you. ;)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Rack was bought from Sky Audio. delivery is bundled with the Discounted Price. The Rack is pretty heavy more than 15KG in my Guess-timate. I did put some sweat just putting the footers in place. :sweat:

Link from Kachui's original post.

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/Y...6664527&start=0

The rack looks great! And I am sure your rig sounds better with it! Congrats!

........and yes...the little blue dot on top... :thumbup: Welcome to the RR77 club!

wah 4 to 5 toys in a month....omg :sweat:

well i got onli 3 news toys lol akg 701 modded , new powercords the tunami GPX-R edition.... , and senheiiser woodies......

hmm next month i will be in club for R-77 gang lol

@Eric

No problem! As scheduled I was planning to get End-of-month. Just got salary a bit early. Now next month another story. Lol! :rclxub:

Joining the RGC-24 club next month? :grin:

Have to try this out before anything else. This might not be soon as I am following a list. Power chords are next. lol! :sweat:

I might also try some footers for the amp and CDP. =)

But right now there is a significant change in Sound signature of my rig. The wood body of the rack sounded warmer w/ more body compared to the Yamamoto on top of the Dry cabinet which was in all sense cold. lol! :blink:

Have to try this out before anything else. This might not be soon as I am following a list. Power chords are next. lol! :sweat:

I might also try some footers for the amp and CDP. =)

But right now there is a significant change in Sound signature of my rig. The wood body of the rack sounded warmer w/ more body compared to the Yamamoto on top of the Dry cabinet which was in all sense cold. lol! :blink:

that's the magic of wooden rack!!

for Yamamoto you must try TAOC - TITE-25MF footers!

IPB Image

that's the magic of wooden rack!!

for Yamamoto you must try TAOC - TITE-25MF footers!

IPB Image

Heh, heh...I am using this for my CDP...