ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

But The deal I got it from Kachui really wirth evry penny. The CA is for the CA. :thumbup:

Haha! Sure. I plan to pass it to you guys after burn in. Or if Cal is free might have it cooked. Now really RAW. The highs are a bit harsh. The bass was really lacking when 1st plugged in. But in a matter of 4 hours evrything settling down. Better than 1st plugged in but still really RAW. :rclxub:

Good thing the Acrolink didn't pair w/ my rig either. I believe the Tunami GPX would be very good on my CDP too. I still remember the last time we tried the Tunami on my Rig. :grin:

Haha! I believe the cable is the real thing. To note I was informed that the plugs were replacement ones before he terminated it to my Cable. So I still give Vic credit for this buy. :thumbup:

The price of the cable is a steal after watching the bidding at Audigon. :rclxub:

Might have the cable reterminated after trying it out longer. If this boost my Setup, it's only fair to give it the Rhodiums!!! =)

The Tunami works well in most system especially for pre, amp and distributor. I've heard some prefer it on cdp as well. Acrolink 4030 will be ideal on source like cdp and dac.

Haha! Just joking with you. :grin: Vic is a nice guy. Always there to help if there's any problem with his product.

Beryllium is better than rhodium. Get the Oyaide P/C-004 instead! :thumbup:

http://www.oyaide.com/e_audio/audio_produc...les/pc-004.html

@nofing

Nice Diva rigs you've there. :thumbup:

Edited by ical

Didnt realised that my dad has a gem hiding in the cupboard under my tv. UNTIL NOW!

IPB Image

now it's mine! :whistle:

Initial impressions. Awesome. Must thank all the people who keep drilling me to get a CDP.

Back to my music. :D

Hey...congrats!

Ha, ha...you should search around your house more...perhaps more treasures your dad may have chucked away somewhere. :grin:

Didnt realised that my dad has a gem hiding in the cupboard under my tv. UNTIL NOW!

IPB Image

now it's mine! :whistle:

Initial impressions. Awesome. Must thank all the people who keep drilling me to get a CDP.

Back to my music. :D

Wow, looks really old school. Congrats on your find.

@nofing: I bet your HD650 is singing now. :)

Those old Sony cdp can sound really good. Get a good powercord will sound even better. :grin:

Edited by ical

@Hellfire

Congratulations for that Hidden Treasure! It actually looks very good aesthetics wise not the solid metal blocks. =)

I second that. The power chord actually makes a big diff. Of the tweaks I placed on the CDP aside from the QR8 :rclxub:

If you have an extra QR8 place one on the center of the tray loader. There is a change it's up to you if you feel if its good for you. I find the mids smoother with a controlled high end. :blush:

@Kachui & Eric

Did you find the woddified HD650 changing sound signature. The BASS is picking up for some reason. Is it the wood drying with the lacquer? :shocking: But anyway, I'm happy listening now. :cans:

To note: I even removed the Z2 just to check if it was just the cable. But the amount of BASS was definitely there even with the Audio Agile cable. It was the Soundstage and the punchy bass missing with the cable change but the quantity is still there. :think:

Everything sounds good now from vocal tracks to my Hiphop. With the Z2 + RR-77, I feel I'm listening surround. loL! :hifi:

Edited by jojo_b2

Yes, the bass back...in fact, deeper and tighter. But then, could be a combination of factors for mine, since I had new power cable and additional preamp as well. But I did noticed an increased of bass, a few days after getting the woodies.

It might also due to RR-77. It takes a few days to charge like it's ground conditioner which best to leave it on all the time. Yes, it give you the 3D surround feel with big soundstage. On and off to AB and you'll know what I meant. Enjoying mine now. :cans:

Edited by ical

New member to the family. :grin: It takes forever to burn in and finally it done with some additional secret receipt. This beast took me many days to tame. :sweat: High is so much smoothen without compromising detail. There's airness in mid. Bass is also tighter and lower. Sweet......

IPB Image

Edited by ical

New member to the family. :grin: It takes forever to burn in and finally it done with some additional secret receipt. This beast took me many days to tame. :sweat: High is so much smoothen without compromising detail. There's airness in mid. Bass is also tighter and lower. Sweet......

IPB Image

Wah, you have so many "woods" now.

I'm a woodie person. There's something magical about them in sound and look. You're most welcome to join the club? I can guide you if you're unsure of where to start. :grin:

Edited by ical

I'm a woodie person. There's something magical about them in sound and look. You're most welcome to join the club? I can guide you if you're unsure where to start :grin:

I already am.... with my Stax 4070 :grin: