ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Any local shop selling the Mathmos lava lamps?

:b2t

Used to have one at Sunshine Plaza. Closed down quite some time. Order from the web is the only option now.

just a headphone stand....who cares :grin:

True... as the saying goes "Don't care if its a black stand or white stand, so long as can put headphone then its a good stand.." :grin:

nothing new, just update the racks :smoke:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wah...nice. You got two shorter racks instead of getting the longer one....good idea...more flexibility... :thumbup:

Guest jacj6049

True... as the saying goes "Don't care if its a black stand or white stand, so long as can put headphone then its a good stand.." :grin:

agreed!!!watever is cheap or expensive,as long as ya can enjoy the music ya like.tat's it!!

Wah...nice. You got two shorter racks instead of getting the longer one....good idea...more flexibility... :thumbup:

Actually I think it was because the long one is out of stock. :P

Hi jojo-b2, you have the Sony MDR-CD900ST. Can it be folded?

Like this:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h127228001

Its the model with non-coil cable with 1/4" plug.

I read that V7 cannot be folded but the V6 can.

Thanks.

@Kuryakin,

I gave mine to my Bro already.

But to answer your question, I have seen 3 sets of CD900st none were foldable. That one posted might actually be a V6. It sounds totally different do a quick search in Head-fi. It was compared to its Sony MDR siblings. ;)

Actually I think it was because the long one is out of stock. :P

I believe Kidults should have gotten some sort of dicount if really a stocking reason. If so it's still is a good deal. :think:

Not to mention I personally find 2 pieces better both aesthetically and functionality wise. =)

@Cal

The fuse really something. I believe it's one of those final tweaks once you get your rig to sound the way you like (for me warm with a ameaty bottom end). Everything clear and tight. The RCA caps also had a bit of effect. My W1000 gets those bass shake when I listen now but no boom at all. :DD

Two person poisoned. Going there tomorrow to buy for some one.

NOTE: I made a mistake. It's not MusicAV. It's MusicLinkAV. I believe my shock from initially listening made me disoriented. I apologize for any confusion caused. :no:

:sign0006:

By the way I hope the Lava lamps doesn't do anything to an audio rig. I will cry already as no place to put anything specially a lamp. lol! :doh:

Edited by jojo_b2

haha

too bad my hands were itchy and accidently broke one of the fuse in my amp :sweat:

but well fate and luck has it's mysterious way.....i need a spare badly lol :D

@Eric

No worries. I will be buying one for you tom. =)

I was thinking of posting a pic of my Rig. But the only thing actually new that can be seen anyway is the DacMagic's Little Pinkie PSU. i will post some tomorrow when I have time. Migt take some pics of the Telos caps too. =)

Really need to sleep now. :yawn:

Back to the reality of Life... WORK! :bash:

Edited by jojo_b2

MusicLinkAV at the Shaw Tower 2nd floor. :))

The one I got is Gold but there is a platinum version 2x the price of the gold (Feels like jewelry all of the sudden). But from what I can read the Platinum gives more details than the gold. I just skipped the platinum as I found that my rig is getting too detailed for me all of the sudden due to tweaks. :rclxub:

On my rig, I found they had a suttle effect of tighter bass and gave a bit more detail. I had two tweaks applied. The biggest that time was the fuse rather than the caps. But the caps really looked good on my Yamamoto. The XLR caps had a better effect on my nEar05 though. =)

Btw, someone selling Telos XLR caps now at the classified if you plan to buy for balanced. =)

Edited by jojo_b2

I believe Kidults should have gotten some sort of dicount if really a stocking reason. If so it's still is a good deal. :think:

Not to mention I personally find 2 pieces better both aesthetically and functionality wise. =)

By the way I hope the Lava lamps doesn't do anything to an audio rig. I will cry already as no place to put anything specially a lamp. lol! :doh:

uber was right, due to long rack out of stock, automatically 2 pcs short came to mind. just like my previous marble top racks. i still prefer single rack with single unit :grin:

ahh...lava lamp do affect the sounds :sweat::sweat:

haha...joking...mind trick only la :holiday: