ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

lol

we should do a snakes gathering....

all kinds of different snakes....and take a photos of them in a nesting area....

hiss..hisss...hissssingg around..... :D well different kinds of venoms there.....

lol

we should do a snakes gathering....

all kinds of different snakes....and take a photos of them in a nesting area....

hiss..hisss...hissssingg around..... :D well different kinds of venoms there.....

That sounds great. Especially if we can get Calvin to bring his Acrolink PCs :rolleyes:

I only got some Electraglide and a Michael Wolff Bohica to offer.

wah michael wolff bohica!! :thumbup:

i am sure we all need to try this infamous cable.... :grin:

got pics of the wolf cable? :DD

Here ya go.

IPB Image

IPB Image

another prototype design by someone we know -_-

ya is Aron :P

this time is a handsome "Black Emperor" powercord - sound like a darth lord ...haha...

i wonder is Aron a star wars fan :bash: :bash:

anyway, I would like to reserve one Black Emperor PC if the price is not sky high!

excuse me Silver Reference, can you give up the seat to Black Emperor??

Full stop.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Actually I have never watched a single star war movie... :D

I'm might be able to modify the Black Emperor PC's sound slightly if you prefer it warmer, still got room for "adjustment".

@Jig_sg

Snakes unfortunately is a hit or miss. You might get bitten bad and end up letting it go or it settles down and gives enough juice for a rig. I believe you had some insights to these. Even reviews aren't that helpful unless you really try on a rig. :unsure:

We have a round robin of testing right now sharing snakes until every one gets what he wants. keeps us from buying snakes that might not be good for system and loose money. :cry:

Ya, the only way to know whether it work is to audition of your own rig. Matching is everything. However, you'll also need to know which component it made for. All powercords are make for a purpose. Some are high gauge for high current component like amp and distributor which are not suitable for source and pre. Is it silver or copper? What kind of shielding? Type of plug and iem? And etc etc. Not that simple as plug, play and listen. Powercord also need a long time to burn in and settle down in order to hear what's capable of.

Sad to say, I noticed powercord of about the same price will usually sound about the same. You gain some and lose some. You'll need to move up to one that cost more than double the price to hear more than subtle improvement. Borrow one and audition for yourself to believe. Be surprise by even a new one without burn in. I was never a believer until I tried it. I own some that cost much more than my component. However, high end powercord will also show the flaws of your rig due to it's transparent. So settle on your components first before trying to tweak it's sound by powercord.

This is what I learn through my journey in this hobby which I based on for upgrading. As you can see, source still play the most important part which affect the rest like a chain reaction.

Most Important > Least Important.

1. Source/Transport > DAC > Pre > Amp

2. Powercord: Source/Transport > DAC > Pre > Amp

3. Interconnect: Source/Transport to DAC > Pre > Pre to Amp

After visiting MusicAV Got the Furutech Fuse and some Telos RCA and XLR caps. System on Overdrive Now! Wondering what will happen when my Silver snake returns. :shocking:

Wah! Going into audiophile fuse. You're going to be poison big time soon. :grin:

That sounds great. Especially if we can get Calvin to bring his Acrolink PCs :rolleyes:

I only got some Electraglide and a Michael Wolff Bohica to offer.

You sure you're ready? There's no turning back once you listening to it. :grin: I was a victim too when they offer home audition at my place. :cry:

Michael Wolff Bohica use Acrolink flagship plugs! :shocking: It must be costly.

Actually I have never watched a single star war movie... :D

I'm might be able to modify the Black Emperor PC's sound slightly if you prefer it warmer, still got room for "adjustment".

:thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by ical

Just want to share this little secret which I did with some bros here. It works on most cans thought some might feel that it sound too refine and gentle.

Sad to see W5000 lack love here after the meet as most find it bright, thin and lack bass. So I've been trying ways to tame it down without compromise it's nice detail. Then I discovered this simple tweak that works miracles for me! Just add a Acoustic Revive QR-8 near to each drivers as show by the following pic. Sound fuller with more emotion and a little warmness in vocal, deeper bass and smoothen high. It singing like a song bird now as I type. I can listen to it much longer and louder. Try it!

IPB Image

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/qr8/qr8_01.html

Edited by ical

Honestly this W5000 take a super long time to burn in to show it's true color. After burn in, it'll still be a very detail and transparent cans (never warm), just more refine high without being bright, darker background and better soundstage. I guess it matches tube amp better unless your amp is on the warm side.

Edited by ical

You sure you're ready? There's no turning back once you listening to it. :grin: I was a victim too when they offer home audition at my place. :cry:

I only have this to say ...

BRING IT ON!

:party::party::party:

Looks like a fake Stax headphone stand too :P

Looks like a fake Stax headphone stand too :P

just a headphone stand....who cares :grin:

Very nice! Look very Japanese. But I think you need to change your fake lava lamp to original Mathmos. :grin:

http://www.mathmos.com/erol.html

i think some of my Mathoms lava lamp are with you right :lol:

Fake is fake leh. Not very good for visual and emotion when listening to music. :grin:

Hello, all my lava lamp is original Mathmos ok. I don't buy fake. :grin: