matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

Emi Fujita - camomile blend

A bunch of CD's arrived today, one of them is from iconic

Thievery Corporation - Sounds from the Thievery Hi-Fi

i love these guys... party.gif

Im still not over the soundtrack to Kill Bill after watching it so could it count as something im listening to in my head? .... A masterpiece put together by The RZA if i recall correctly in the credits.

Think of it like The Ray Brown Trio but the music has more energy so it's not as relaxing. They do slower tunes too but still the pace seems fairly fast at least on this disc. I finally heard alot of detail in this CD with my main rig using the CV4003 Mullard tubes & HD600+Clou Red. Very impressive indeed.

SAVE0132.jpg

user posted image

www.amazon.com

You could be forgiven for accidently mistaking her voice for Diana Krall. As the music is typically smooth acoustic Jazz & Bossanova, however her voice is less husky. Like Diana Krall though if you've never seen her face before, you'd never expect the voice to come from that person!

A few remakes on songs, e.g. Stan Getz(Girl from Ipanema) & The Beatles(Fool on the hill). This is an excellent recording(Groove Note label). Alot of detail & airy sound.

Edited by N@Z

Feeling somewhat nostalgic for more carefree times during this deepavali weekend, I dug out my old Gundam singles bought donkey years ago. tongue.gif

(the picture only shows some of them)

post-4-1067134763.jpg

I can see you're a fan of anime music too, av98m! happy.gif

user posted image

Japanese limited edition Verve label jazz reissue featuring 24 bit remastering. This Disc sounds surprisingly like new. This is Jazz at it's best from a truly unique singer. Her voice was an aquired taste for me initially but once it has grown I've come to really appreciate it even more.

Cool...........I love Billie Holiday. Stacy Kent is remarked to have possessed some of her singing style.

It's been a while since I listened to the jangly guitars & melodic vocals of Coldplay's A rush of Blood to the Head & Parachutes. Still sounds as good as the first time, I always get this warm fuzzy feeling inside when I hear their melancoly tunes. Sounds a little better now with the CV4003 Mullards, I don't hear the harsh highs as much here but it could still be better. Hope they will address this in their future ablums. If Travis can do it... hmmm, next on the playlist me thinks.

user posted imageuser posted image

This is slightly different, but for those you who are interested in anime music, I strongly recommend the LastExile Soundtrack, both OST 1 & OST 2 are some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard. I'm usually not a fan of anime music, but while watching the anime, you can't help but notice the music, sometimes, they even overshadow the scene in the anime.

It has a grand orchestra feel, yet at times light hearted. Good for relaxing to, the remixed ending song found in OST2 "Over the Sky - Angel Feather Edition" is my personal favourite with haunting but light and airy feel.

post-4-1067353115.jpg

user posted image

Another guitar based Brit band. They really do churn out good stuff. The vocalist has a unique & errie vibrato-ish voice. Tunes are melancholic as well but different in style to Coldplay. Closer to Travis, less processed sound. 'Poor misguided fool' is catchy & of course the first single 'alcoholic' is brilliant lyrically (for me at least!). Last track 'coming down' is cool, acoustic guitar riffs + vocals + abit of backing here & there + reverb.