matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

user posted image

Incidently my CD's jewel case is tinted yellow & makes the cover art look like it's green rather than blue. One of my favourite guitar band albums. The riffs played on the Les Paul electric guitar sound cool. cool.gif The sound is heavy but melodic & catchy. thumbup1.gif

Surprisingly very good sound quality. I can hear all the instruments very clearly.

user posted image

Track 7 - Fade away : the first song I ever heard from Blur.

Track 11 - Ernold Same : wierd song, imagine lika the never ending thread using the word "same" as many times in every sentence.

Track 15 - Yuko & Hiro, has a hidden track at the end same song breifly played instrumentally using only a keyboard, accordion & a banjo!

Ow Naz, you also like Collective soul! w00t.gif

From the band, my fav songs are: shine , the world I know.

Their guitar nice thumbup1.gif

Avril Lavigne - Let go

The recording is not so good (especially so in her voice in the song "complicated", some hiccups here and there). But her songs are great.

Damn straight Blues that is probably their best album as the other albums I have are not quite up to par except for a few songs from the Hints Allegations & Things Left Unsaid album. I haven't heard Disciplined Breakdown & Blender yet, just heard one of the releases only.

user posted image

I just bought this earlier today. Don't laugh! It's good Country music ya'll. Guest appearances by famous stars make it even better. This live performance was to celebrate Willie Nelson's 70th birthday! Yet he still sounds good! My favourite is of course the bluesy number with Eric Clapton. Slow duet with Shania Twain, sooo Country & Western. Homeward Bound with Paul Simon & only acoustic guitars is very nostalgic. Diana Krall & Elvis Costello tinkling on the ivories really working it with their trio rendition of Crazy.

On the minus side Wyclef Jean showed poor performance it was amusing at the very best. Norah Jones, ZZ Top & Steven Tyler sounded lacklusture.

Overall, this CD sounds good in OTL mode to give it that extra warmth & oomph that's normally lacking in most live recordings.

I don't dare to post john denver...

I think you all will laugh at me for listening to his music unsure.gifunsure.gif

Can't get any worse than mine just now.

It's been a while since I listened to the jangly guitars & melodic vocals of Coldplay's A rush of Blood to the Head & Parachutes. Still sounds as good as the first time, I always get this warm fuzzy feeling inside when I hear their melancoly tunes. Sounds a little better now with the CV4003 Mullards, I don't hear the harsh highs as much here but it could still be better. Hope they will address this in their future ablums. If Travis can do it... hmmm, next on the playlist me thinks.

user posted imageuser posted image

I just got their Clocks EP (japanese press) and also have their God put a smile upon your face EP. Both are identical except the first track being the single & the latter being a European press. hehe...

Wanted to get their older EP's but their out of production and HMV's suppliers do not have stock anymore.

Q00, the video to Cosmic Girl is reall eye candy! Imagine doing the video shoot for that! Vrooom!!!

Waahahaha... i cant believe that they thrashed 2 of the cars..... my heart aches for them... Oh and i jsut found out u have an STI... that is really some car man..