matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

How's the Clock's EP Firefox, any good? I love the Californication CD.

just curious, how do you all listen to the californication?

isn't it a bit lo-fi? unsure.gif

edit: nvm

Edited by Blues

user posted image

Well recorded and peppered with a lot of smooth vocals... given to me as a birthday present a long time back it still is one of my favourite cd's ever

Neo: "Woah!"

Raw Travis! Never heard them sound like this before. This is their first album. Very loud electric guitars yet sounding very familiar especially on the mellower tracks on the 2nd 1/2 of the CD, due to the lead singer's singature vocal timbre & the melodic jangly guitar work.

SAVE0134.jpg

Edited by N@Z

Courtesy of iconic, an Aussie Limited Edition Single. One of my favourite songs from Blur (Among others Tender, Parklife etc). Taken off the self titled album. Simple, full of energy & will make you go "Woo Hoo!!!" kicking.gif

SAVE0135.jpg

anime fan can check out the OST from Hellsing too.

Great music not the usual cheessy jap pop

user posted image

One of the best j-drama I've watched, and the soundtrack is worth collecting. I am on the lookout for the 'Long Vacation soundtrack' too, if someone spots them , do let me know w00t.gif

personal favourite from this cd would be :

cagnet - how life can be sweet (track2)

meo - true true (track 3)

Saki from section S - Izanai (track 7)

meo - clack sion (track 8)

cagnet - true to your heart

Edited by Blues

user posted image

College Rock/pop at it's best. Tunes like Closing time, Singing in my sleep & Secret smile are so catchy if you heard it on the radio you'd be humming them the rest of the day. Pretty much says about the rest of the tunes as well. Not a great sounding CD but a simple recording which says alot about the catchy tunes.

my fav songs by them are closing time n secret smile... like em cause they sound honest..

Dude you must be my twin!

The Boss!

user posted image

The man himself. His work off late has been more sombre or subtle than before & I prefer it that way. As an all out rocker he looked a little contrived. Typically his songs sound great live & this album exhibit that potential as well. Nothing Man, You're Missing, Paradise & City of Ruins are sublime songs. World's Apart is something different from his usual fare where Arabian music is used in the mix & The Boss does a bit of chanting (more like "lailailailailaaii"). Yet it all still manages to have his signature rock & roll sound. Further On (Up the Road) & The Rising is foot tappingly good punchy rock.

The CD I've got is a limited edition booklet gatefold cover. It's fun to read through it & look at the dark shilouettey photos while listening to the music. I used to do alot of that when I was still on vinyl.