matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

Madonna - Erotica

user posted image

HDCD encoded disc. Modern folk rock music. Think of his music as a less contemporary version of Bruce Springsteen.

user posted image

listening to numb right now.

I hear all the bass and low-kicks that are previously missing !!! ohmy.gifohmy.gif

that was on my radio though haha.gifhaha.gif

quite a nice cd.

lol.gif

It's been a while boys. smile.gif

I been chillin to ..

Twiztid - The Green Book

Powderfinger - Oddysey # 5 <<<----- best aussie CD ever wink.gif Won a heap of arias

Big Brovas - Nu Flow

Violent J - Wizard Of The Hood

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon

Relax.... smoke.gif

and also a little of Delta wub.gif

Various artists For the MASSES. One of my Favourite CDs, I believe one of my first HDCD encoded CD as well. Featuring various artists (mostly rock) doing covers of Depeche Mode hits. Some good, a few really good & a few not so successful.

Favourites are To Have & To Hold from Deftones & Stripped from Rammstein.

user posted image

Some amusing comments left on amazon.com concerning the above CD:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=music

The Brilliant green - Terra 2001

alternative rock/pop band from Japan. Very melancholic but beautiful tunes..

The Crystal Method.

UNKLE - Never Never Land.

For those that like drum and bass

Sarah McLachlan - fumbling Towards Ecstasy

user posted image

This is an original CD single release of the song Fragile (which I got in 1988). It included two other remakes of the song fragile in Portugese (fragil) & Spanish (fragilidad). Each song is unique as the whole song was done in different takes rather than just adding in the different vocals. Vocal presentation is different, positioning of the Latin acoustic guitar & although the same instruments were used & sounded the same there is a noticeable difference in character to suit the language the song is sung in.

Plus an additional track, a excellent remake of Jimi Hendrix's Little Wing sung in Spanish (Mariposa Libre). The atmosphere in the song is really airy & relaxing. Great for a lazy afternoon, cool breeze, kicking back & getting lost in the music. stereo.gif

This is the first time I listened to this CD on headphones after using it mostly on speaker system only. A lot of minute detail in insturments can be heard that I didn't hear before. However I notice that the pace on this CD on my headphone rig seems slower.

I understand there is also a 2001 Single release in memory of 9/11 sung live. Taken off the Tuscany Live performance but with different (newer) accompanying songs.

user posted image