matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

My brother gave this to me as I really loved it more than he did. He bought it off a seconds thrift shop for a mere quid! Music is very simple folk/introspective/country rock. The singer/songwriter (lady) also drew the inner sleeve you see here (also happens to be on the cover of the album.

SAVE0142.jpg

YEE... HAAAW!!!

Self explanitory.

I don't dare listen to this in the STi for fear of reprecussions to my driver's license!

user posted image

Fave tracks:

1. Saliva - Superstar

5. Primer 55 - This Life

11. Greenwheel - Shelter

13. Molotov - Polkas Palabras

14. BT - The Fast & The Furious Theme

Here's hoping that the 2 Fast 2 Furious soundtrax is better than the movie.

user posted image

They've gone soft rock, power ballad to the extreme. At least the sound recording is good, the atmosphere of the live recording is captured very well.

Favourites remain: The Zoo, Always Somewhere & Holiday. Wish they did Animal Magnetism, Loving you sunday Morning, China White & When the Smoke is going down too.

Anyone seen the Scorpion groupies. wub.gif

P.s.

If anyone has a CD of the album Lovedrive with the original album cover... I wanna buy it off you!

user posted image

Very basic sound. Not as Lo-Fi as I expected. Nice change but somehow I can imagine myself getting bored with it after a couple of plays as most of the songs sounds very familiar to each other. That's not to say I don't like it, au contrair, I like it very much. After a second spin I noticed alot more depth to their simplicity.

Opening track 1 - Seven Nation Army, Track 8 - Ball & Biscuit & track 9 - The Hardest Button To Button, typifies the type of songs I like from them.

Track 4 - I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself, sounds vaguely early Led Zeppelin especially from Jack's vocals & the Bonhamesque drumming.

Track 5 - In The Cold Cold Night, blimey Meg's (drummer) singing ability is erm... questionable. Luckily for her that's not a prerequisite for the alternative music scene!

Track 7 - You've Got Her In Your Pocket, has Jack sounding like Blind Melon.

Last track 14 - We'll It's True That We Love One Another, really amusing Country & Western parody.

Some bands are way ahead of their time but White Stripes are well & truly behind appearing to be locked in the 70's. Not really a bad thing IMO in these days of cheesy pop. Was that even a hint of controversy? tongue.gif

The Darkness - I believe in love

Reminds me so much of queen and the whole 80's or 70's british rock era. Loving it right now

All the rave in Hong Kong now.

12 Girls Band - Miracle Live. (DSD recording)

An ensemble of 12 Chinese ladies each specializing in a traditional Chinese instrument such as pipa, erhu, flutes, guzhen etc. Different genres of music are presented live and one of the most captivating track is the classic jazz piece "Take 5".

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-...sion-all/did-83

Edited by Mackie

Looks very interesting Mackie, shame there isn't any samples to listen to.

yesasia.com looks vague familiar like a certain famous website wink.gif

user posted image

Not the 'Wide World Over', but more of the same with judicious amounts of Bluegrass thrown in.

So that's what the hand drums look like. The DT150 really brings out the best in this music adding the sheer weight, scale & pace to the overall sound without sacrificing the delicate details that makes this album so interesting to listen to.

Finally got this today, after like seeing the show so many months ago. You just can't keep still while listening to it biggrin.gif You guys have to see the show to appreciate the taps, makes u wunder why they dun develop cramps the way they dance lol.gif

post-4-1069155205.jpg

Guys, thanks for the recommendation: Sarah McLachlan - The Freedom Sessions. What an opening track. I'm only on to the 2nd track & I'm already hooked line & sinker! The immediacy of her vocals is spell binding! Sound quality is pretty good considering how it came about. Incidently the inner sleeve text is entertaining to read, much like the Daniel Lanois - Acadie album. Overall this CD reminds me so much of the Hue & Cry - Bitter Suite album. This CD definitely beats the Cowboy Junkies - Trinity Sessions.

Ah hah! A not so hidden track not long after track 9 ended! I was just about to stop the disc... 4 minutes more of aural enjoyment.

Finally got a chance to listen to the Sigur Ros - Agaetis Bryjun CD yesterday. I'm listening to it again tonight & it's definitely a grower, I like it the more I listen to it. Reminds me of the french band AIR but with a bit more rock thrown in.