heady

Mini³ group buy from AMB Audio shop

can you calculate price for me including shiping to malaysia?

im really interested.

ps: is there any guy form lowyat here? wanna share shipping cost wit me?

can you calculate price for me including shiping to malaysia?

im really interested.

ps: is there any guy form lowyat here? wanna share shipping cost wit me?

Hi, the group buy is over. This thread is still being updated because some members of the group buy have not collected their order.

You can order your Mini3 pcb from AMB Lab audio shop. I advise you to read the documentation on the Mini3 first so you will know what else to order from AMB together with the pcb.

Regards

Edited by heady

haha an insider joke there haha true true

the panasonic fm seems to fit the job well (low esr, size within specified limit) and cheap (71 cents) as well, so unfortunate it's out of stock.

there's a rubycon cap that can replace it, the problem is that it come in 8x16mm and 10x12.5mm sizes (diameterxheight)

Here's a link to a post by Tomb about the recommended type of capacitors.

anyone knows the opening hours of koba?

thinking of going to get my caps.

been waiting too long to get it, so i finally manage to convince myself to go.

but i can only go after camp ends at 5.30pm.

Weekdays, Koba closes at 9pm. Sat. close at 7pm. Sunday close. What time open? No idea as I never go early. :)) BTW - they don't close sharp on the dot.

anyone knows the opening hours of koba?

thinking of going to get my caps.

been waiting too long to get it, so i finally manage to convince myself to go.

but i can only go after camp ends at 5.30pm.

Been there at about 11.30am. Bring your board along, to be sure you get the correct "size" caps! Also bring your pot if you have not got your knob. Numerous knobs they have for you to try!

this can be a very good news for those who have not bought 470uF caps yet. the panasonic fm caps 470uF 16V are back in stock now in farnell at 71 cents each. at the moment only 198 units are available in farnell uk warehouse!!!

for the multilayer cap, you can use the cheaper epcos at 23 cents each, instead of the vishay bc at 80 or 90 cents each iirc. it is stated in the farnell website it has value of 100nF which is actually the same as 0.1uF, but might be overlooked when we only looking for 0.1uF

this knob will fit perfectly with the alps pot, although it is a bit expensive. aluminum knob, the black colored ones are unfortunately not in stock.

Ah, Thanks 1bit.

I should be receiving the 470uF Panasonic FMs soon :)

Their lead time was supposed to be 16-18 weeks wth

What do you guys think about the Multicomp resistors as stated on AMB's website? In terms of quailty. They are the ones under AMB's Farnell order codes.

The knob is kind of square. Diameter X Height = 12mm x 12mm

Haha.

managed to get all the caps and other stuffs at koba today.

now whats left is the front panels!!

btw, how should i apply the thermal compund?

and for the battery, what you all suggest? seen some suggestions around but hoping to get a good 9v that fits

I think a very tiny pinpoint bit of the thermal compound is all that is needed. I read of opamps getting fried, probably due to the thermal stuff creating a short.

I think a very tiny pinpoint bit of the thermal compound is all that is needed. I read of opamps getting fried, probably due to the thermal stuff creating a short.

Conducting thermal compound is going to kill, you should get the non-conducting ones.

tats probably me, I'm using arctic silver 5 for PCs, but the funny thing is that when i measured the resistance of the compound, it reads as 0 with the lowest resistance setting. I guess that shouldn't be it... Not too sure if I'm measuring the right way though, I dipped the probes into the compound itself. I suspect I probably shorted something while using a solder wick while sucking off too much solder on the battery contacts (with the battery still on :bash:, how forgetful can i get....) Solder wick connected itself with C4 or C8, and it sparked. The caps and opamp i guess should still be working though. What I suspect shorted out is the TLE chip since it did say it's the most easily shorted item on the board. Initial cheksI'm gonna desolder it and replace it with a new one, hope koba sells it though...

This is from experience (might differ from case to case), if an opamp is really fried, it measures way less than its intended operational voltage. There was once i got curious in finding out how much resistance is there on an opamp (opa2132), while an amplifier was powered up, placed the probes on pin 4 n 8 and I started hearing crackling noises. Of course the amp didn't work after that. When it was working perfectly, it measures about 16v, after it fried, it measures about 1v plus.