heady

Mini³ group buy from AMB Audio shop

hmm. i guess i can help with it.

i'll contact farnell tomorrow with the approx number of cases and how much discount i can get as a student.

btw, are we getting the case with alu end plate or plastic end plate.

i guess plastic end plate will do and is cheaper since we're going to do a custom panel.

hmm. i guess i can help with it.

i'll contact farnell tomorrow with the approx number of cases and how much discount i can get as a student.

btw, are we getting the case with alu end plate or plastic end plate.

i guess plastic end plate will do and is cheaper since we're going to do a custom panel.

iewgnail, I prefer plastic end plates, even if I do the drilling myself, it is easier. Thanks.

Guys,

Please try to pick up your orders this Sat at 9pm, Simei MRT. Please PM me with your handphone number so I can know you are coming and also for me to sms to you the meeting place.

Thanks.

PS - anyone start building already? Young man at Koba told me someone was there ahead of me to get parts.

i got a feeling its either ezzo or mouz. haha.

what parts you got from koba? mind sharing?

I got all the resistors from Farnell cos 1/8W hard to find the values in SLT and Koba. But the capacitors can find in Koba, esp if you want better audiophile types. I am getting the parts for the CK2III boards I got a few months ago. Most of what I got from Koba are for the CK2III boards, not for the Mini3. Still waiting for a couple of parts from Farnell. So no building this weekend.

i got a feeling its either ezzo or mouz. haha.

what parts you got from koba? mind sharing?

Wa! zun! u guess right, i was there to fill in the 'blanks' for the parts. for some caps n resistors that Farnell couldn't provide and I managed to get a smaller, odd fitting volume knob which i can live with. its 1/4 inch not the odd size one that's recommended though..

Farnell just delivered some of my stuff today, gonna piece it up bit by bit later on, hope nothing screws up. :)

hahaha. You guessed correctly. Im done with the amp alr. Managed to Assemble it in a few hours. Works perfectly now, Jus without the case. Not bad for my first amp. Hehe :D I got all my parts from farnell.

I have to say. This amp is awesome man. Both in terms of topology and sq, AND VALUE. Its amazing for the price. Thou I'd def prefer more bass from it :)

Btw, those who have not built it, thermal compound is def needed! The op amp and regulator gets rather warm(hot) esp when running off 12V DC. And the battery compartment is small, better check if it fits before buying.

hi guys,

do you mind sharing what brand of capacitors do you use? especially for the electrolytic ones. and where do you get them from?

for the bypass caps do they need to be multilayer ceramics? they cost 80 cents a piece at farnell

hi guys,

do you mind sharing what brand of capacitors do you use? especially for the electrolytic ones. and where do you get them from?

for the bypass caps do they need to be multilayer ceramics? they cost 80 cents a piece at farnell

For me, I just buy ordinary Panasonic caps. The audiophile ones won't fit and Farnell doesn't have the Panasonic FCs in stock, unless ezzo found a good source for them.

Edited by heady

For 470uf and 100uf, get panasonic FM from farnell. DONT get the FC series they have. They are oversized. I got them and cant fit. Lol. I had to hook one of them up with 25mm wires to fit cos the extra leads are long gone.

Btw, does anyone know if the extra wire length will affect the amp in anyway? 2x 25mm long, AWG20 wires.

For 470uf and 100uf, get panasonic FM from farnell. DONT get the FC series they have. They are oversized. I got them and cant fit. Lol. I had to hook one of them up with 25mm wires to fit cos the extra leads are long gone.

Btw, does anyone know if the extra wire length will affect the amp in anyway? 2x 25mm long, AWG20 wires.

Actually from my understanding, FM series better than FC in their impedance values.