heady

Mini³ group buy from AMB Audio shop

I don't mind that but problem is I'm working at Jurong east, don't drive or ride, meeting up is gonna be a bit difficult here.

BTW, I think we can start a list on interested participants on the face plates and other stuff from farnell to get things moving a bit. Should we start a new thread or combine with this thread? So far from what we can see it's as follow...

Front/back panel

heady - 3

mouz - 1

Casing 1455C801

Jurong East - ouch!! I work in Upper Paya Lebar, near Farnell (!!!). Also near the Sin Ming address. I think better to start another thread for the GB for the faceplates and case.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Gentlemen, turn on your soldering irons! The package arrived in my office last evening. Was out and just got it this morning. No GST! Great for you guys.

Problem now is how to pack the stuff into individual orders..... Will let you all know when that's done. Probably by tonight. Any body want to make appointment this weekend nights to collect?

Edited by heady

Good stuff! BTW, I found some Kilo knobs at rscomp that might suit our needs, knob diameter 1/2 inch, shaft diameter 1/4 inch, think these will work? Tot of adding this to the group buy to complete the kit

knob1 stock no: 2508608882

details

knob2 stock no: 2508608090

details

knob3 stock no:2508608264

details

knob 4 stock no:2508608680

details

Knob 5 stock no:2508608113

details

Reply from kokbee

No worries. You can drop by my office anytime with your sample for furtherdiscussion. Only then can we solve all your questions below.

for the knobs, it isnt 1/2" diameter and 1/4" shaft.

but rather 1/2" and 0.236" (6mm) shaft.

we can still use it. but might protrude a lil. and btw, these knobs are ex!!

Yeah, I think so too, these kilo aluminium knobs are pretty ex, made in USA i guess.... I checked their entire range of kilo knobs, their next smallest size is 0.125" which is way too small. BTW, i checked out AMB's site for pix of knobs they were using, they had this knob that is similar to the first knob in my previous post. Had to take back what I say about casing being ugly without the skirting. It looks pretty nice without the skirting too :)

IPB Image

About the size, i did some calculations.

Knob shaft dia: 6.35mm=0.25" or 1/4 inch

shaft dia: 5.99mm=0.236"

Knob's slightly bigger at 0.36mm. less than half a mm of difference. Sounds negligible, think I'm gonna give it a shot. If we can neglect that 0.36mm difference, we can definitely go for the cheaper and nicer looking ones at farnell. What do you guys think?

http://sg.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.js...shaft+knob&Ntx=

Edited by mouz

Reply from kokbee

mouz, please pm me your e-mail and I will send you mine. Then you forward me the mail from KokBee. I will then see the shop with the sample.

Ok with you?

Edited by heady

mouz, please pm me your e-mail and I will send you mine. Then you forward me the mail from KokBee. I will then see the shop with the sample.

Ok with you?

No prob, check PM

**** Payments for shipping and Paypal charge:

Items subtotal: 333.05

Discount: -19.98

Shipping: 27.65

PayPal fee: 14.12

GRAND TOTAL ($USD): 354.84

As per the condition of the group buy, the amount still owed for the shipping will be:

(USD 27.65 - 19.98 + 14.12 ) div 11 members = USD 2 each which is SGD 3.02 each. I don't want to loose money of this since I had no benefit, so I am going to round up to S$3.10 for a nice profit of 8 cents and also to cover cost of the plastic bags... :D

Is this ok with everyone?

UPDATE

In the interest of transparency, I am posting this. A member has commented that it would be fairer to calculate the shipping costs by orders rather than members. So those who ordered more should pay more. I agree that it is indeed fairer.

However, I pointed out that to be fair we also need to divide the discounts by the amount paid by each member. And it is to avoid the complexities involved in all these calculations that at the start of the group buy, I asked that we do the shipping cost the simple way which is to divide by the number of participants.

I hope we all can come to understand that there is no simple perfect way to handle this and that this simple calculation is probably best.

Thanks guys.

Edited by heady

lets do it.

arrange for a pick-up date and pay the remaining amount.

cant wait to see the mini3 in action!

btw, i can help with the casing + knobs + any other stuff from farnell.

as i can get student discount which i think is 8%. quite an amount if we were to get 10+ casings.

lets do it.

as i can get student discount which i think is 8%. quite an amount if we were to get 10+ casings.

Hey that's a hefty discount. Wanna start group buy on case?

:)) Heady see you on Saturday

Yup, so far got 2 persons coming on Sat night. Don't forget to have my mobile number saved, in case you need to call me to find me. :)

lets do it.

I need help to get all the remaining parts. :lust::rclxms:

Let me know if you are planning to get yours and I'll join you. :grin:

1bit and adn6244 plan to collect from me on Sunday night, 9pm at Simei MRT. If you intend to join them, please pm me your phone number and I will reply with mine.

After coming down from MRT station on escalator to street level, turn left and look for me seated on side of walkway between 7-11 and HDB kopitiam.

Four members collected from me today - listed in the first post in this thread.

Edited by heady

Yep. collected my board and parts today.

and i saw someone with a ck2iii board. i guess tts ezzo? haha

Yep, thats me :))

Btw, is anyone starting a group buy on the case??

Edited by ezzo