jasonhanjk

SG Headphones 3rd meet result

Cayin HA-1A with DT880 is a good pair-up, i particularly like the vocal presentation, smooth, gentle and nice roll-off from midrange to HF range. Wonder how it sounds before the tube rolling using original Mullard CV4003 and OTK6P14P ?

I am thinking of upgrading the tubes to make G&W sounds quicker...would Ampex Orange Globe help ? wink.gif

Errr...it didn't come with the Mullard s CV4003, I tube-rolled the original "no-label" Chinese tubes. However, I do have a spare CV4003 at hand ...

Tee:

BTW, the Amperex Orange Globe does sound faster than the GE5751 but it's on par with the Mullards' CV4003, the only thing being that the CV4003 is warmer.

Thanks for your advice, Oak. YGPM. wink.gif

Wanna sell me your spare mullards Oak?

hehehe I don't know about the dt880 out of A3 and sugden and all..

but to my ears, cd3k out of cayin and a3 slaughtered everything at the meet. Not even for the delicious rkv/cyrus combo and the equinox hd600.

There's something very mysterious about that setup. The cd3k sounded so full compared to the equinox hd600 out of the cayin and A3. Perhaps good synergy?

Ah now counting the money in piggybank... still got 10 more years to go to own the A3 cd man haha rolleyes.gif

But I guess I was the only one who used this setup as the amp was swapped later for sugden.

Never had the chance to hear it with this combo.

Mackie: see..see.. must be like me.. stay focused and listen to alot of gears lol.giflol.gifyeah.gif

Edited by Blues

Blues Guy, yeah good approach, very strategic!

I think listening to all the hardwares was a little bit over kill for me, tiring to my ears. The fact that I didn't have enough sleep didn't help either. Thanks Rameish

I agree with mat..

when I went home I felt so dead.. wanted to take a nap but had alot of work to catch up.

So I decided to finish them all of.

The next day I looked like panda in school no.gifsleep.gif

hehehe I don't know about the dt880 out of A3 and sugden and all..

but to my ears, cd3k out of cayin and a3 slaughtered everything at the meet. Not even for the delicious rkv/cyrus combo and the equinox hd600.

There's something very mysterious about that setup. The cd3k sounded so full compared to the equinox hd600 out of the cayin and A3. Perhaps good synergy?

Blues, did you change the Cayin's output impedance to match that of the HD600, cause I did remember changing the setting to 6~32ohm for you when you tried the CD3K but I know that I did NOT change the setting back to 121~300ohms when you tried the HD600.

Perhaps that's why you find something lacking for the HD600.

O.O !!

Maybe that's why.. but nevertheless the not so full is like.. i dunno the osund is hard to describe

I dont know if you all call this veiled. because even the hd580 out of the cyrus and rkv sounded similar to it. Nothing much can be changed if it's the trait of the headphone, I suppose.

Yay Im finally online. haha.gif

Looks like you guys had fun. smile.gif

Id like to see the group pic. Can somebody plz email it to me?? unsure.gif

I read through. Nice to see what you guys thought of the equipments. Maybe I'll get to see some of it next time tongue.gif

What do you mean by system synery?

I thought that was always your mantra wink.gif

No, my previous mantra was "listen at low volumes to hear details/rez"

Okay, I'll change my signature.

How are you? R you still in Oz? (OT a bit okay fellow mods?)