ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

Think this might be a good amp for the HD800? Can tweak the sound until siao, but of course no tubes to roll.

IPB Image

http://www.soundperformancelab.com/index.php?id=238&L=1

Thinking of getting the KOSS headphone holder, is it avail in Singapore? If not, think I'll just ship from US.

IPB Image

Nice but not my kind of amp. I'm more of a tube person. Seem like it more for professional usage.

KOSS headphone holder is available at Stereo or Jaben. You might want to look at those from Sennheiser which is better made. I own two from Stereo.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/produ...?transid=510615

Edited by ical

Think this might be a good amp for the HD800? Can tweak the sound until siao, but of course no tubes to roll.

Thinking of getting the KOSS headphone holder, is it avail in Singapore? If not, think I'll just ship from US.

I've seen people on Headfi using that amp, think a quick search should bring up a review or two. The Koss headphone holder should be available at Jaben. I know Whenesday got his from there.

I've seen people on Headfi using that amp, think a quick search should bring up a review or two. The Koss headphone holder should be available at Jaben. I know Whenesday got his from there.

Yup, read the thread on it already. Pretty interesting.

another prototype design by someone we know -_-

ya is Aron :P

this time is a handsome "Black Emperor" powercord - sound like a darth lord ...haha...

i wonder is Aron a star wars fan :bash: :bash:

anyway, I would like to reserve one Black Emperor PC if the price is not sky high!

excuse me Silver Reference, can you give up the seat to Black Emperor??

Full stop.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Edited by kidult

another prototype design by someone we know -_-

ya is Aron :P

this time is a handsome "Black Emperor" powercord - sound like a darth lord ...haha...

i wonder is Aron a star wars fan :bash: :bash:

anyway, I would like to reserve one Black Emperor PC if the price is not sky high!

excuse me Silver Reference, can you give up the seat to Black Emperor??

Full stop.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Hey...I have not even tried the Yellow Snake...now we have a Black Emperor...guess the fact that you would like to order one, it must be really good... :blink: So, this Black Emperor is good for source or amp?

Picture please.... :bash:

Edited by Kachui

IPB Image

IPB Image

terminated with Wattgate 320i IEC & 5266i connector.

Cambridge 740c CDP seem very picky. doesn't sound right. the bass was good & transparent.

Hi was missing air - so called bright. overall sound dead, laid back & veiled.

what missing on the CDP, can found them all on Yammy. :grin:

transparent, tight mid-low bass (very low can't feel yet), lively, emotion, better instruments separation,

fast reaction (not speed), bigger soundstage & forward.

over all sound slightly on bright side. kind of hi-fi sound actually. it doesn't fatigued.

don't have "Wow" factor on 1st listened. but it grown slowly.

Silver Reference performances sound better than Black Emperor with it dark background & better punch :rclxms:

so, the seat shall remain :sweat::sweat:

consider Black Emperor has yet to burn in, should have potential la. otherwise ask for refund :bash:

Edited by kidult

For the moment I thought of selling one snake. :sweat:

Need to try the Black Emperor. The Yellow snake was good. But this might be a winner. My DacMagic singing w/ new PSU can now roll power chords. lol! :thumbup:

Wah, you guys changing powercords like changing underwear; almost every other day got new "snake".

@Jig_sg

Snakes unfortunately is a hit or miss. You might get bitten bad and end up letting it go or it settles down and gives enough juice for a rig. I believe you had some insights to these. Even reviews aren't that helpful unless you really try on a rig. :unsure:

We have a round robin of testing right now sharing snakes until every one gets what he wants. keeps us from buying snakes that might not be good for system and loose money. :cry:

@Uber

I just ended my two week no buying. :bash:

@Kidult

After visiting MusicAV Got the Furutech Fuse and some Telos RCA and XLR caps. System on Overdrive Now! Wondering what will happen when my Silver snake returns. :shocking: