ical

Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs

The Green snake is actualy a bang for a buck. Seems to beat the Audio Agile Cable I got. loL! But using the Z1 to the mains. I feel pain. :no:

I believe jig_sg can take over. Dear jig_sg, forget about old Stax! Go for the new dynamic! :grin:

I already have dynamic phones liao lah....

I meant new model like HD800, PS1000, W5000, D7000. :grin:

Aiyah, nothing like classics man..... AKG K1000 for the win! :grin:

Aiyah, nothing like classics man..... AKG K1000 for the win! :grin:

K1000 as your only dynamic can is kind of... cheating. :sweat: More like ear-speakers.

Edited by uberburger101

K1000 as your only dynamic can is kind of... cheating. :sweat: More like ear-speakers.

Also have DT990 mah... can??

AKG K1000 is history and belong to the museum. :grin::grin:

Well, to be truthful, it is sitting pretty in my cupboard :P

haha :D

do u know this green snake also very poisonous......

deadly combination with white snake and the purple snake :grin:

all different colors of snakes here...... :D

You're now the powercord man. :grin:

Btw, forgotten to thanks Kidult for getting discount for our buffet dinner at Plaza Market Cafe last Wednesday thought it doesn't come with show girls. :grin:

Edited by ical

Yup, had a great time too. Made new friends :grin:

And of course got "many" poisonous bros, when I say many actually only 1 and you know who lah... ;)

Wah...sounds promising... :grin:

IPB Image

Ok...got my CDP modded by James of http://www.effectiveaudiomod.com/ back this afternoon. It took three days coz he burned it in and tested it before sending it back to me.

The first thing that hit me when I played the CDP was how smooth everything was; the highs, the mids, even the bass...all sounded smooth with no harshness at all; tested the Eagles' "Get Over It" from Hell Freezes Over album, which tend to sound a bit harsh on many sytstem...well, listened to this track a couple of times, and no harshness was detected at all. The second thing that I noticed right away was everything seems to sound bigger. So the verdict: this is certainly a bang-for-the-buck mod from just the initial improvements that I detected. :thumbup:

Off Topic: Kidult and Eric came by this afternoon to listen to my rig. Eric brought his hard-to-drive Beyer DT800 600 ohm and his "Green Snake" powercord. Thought my system did a decent job in driving the Beyer, but ha, ha...not to what Eric was looking for (probably he is looking for what he heard from the Beyer's pairing with EAR HP4).

We tried his "Green Snake" powercord (Shunyata) on my CDP...urrggh...did not match my system at all. Did not try on my amp, since the Novo's power supply is using the figure 8 plug. Did not try on the Diva preamp either. Probably the Shunyata will do better on a power hungry amp.

:b2t

Anyway, I am happy with the mod on my CDP. A good thing about this mod is that the clock added can be transferred to the next CDP I upgrade to in the future (though I doubt it would be the near future :sweat: ).

Effective Audio mod is highly recommended. James did my dvdp quite some time ago. I'm still using it now without the itch to upgrade. Looks like I need to send in my 740C as well. :party:

Shunyata Research powercords are made for their distribution so it work best on high current component like amp, distributor or conditioner. I've yet to hear anyone who use it for source. :smoke: Used to own their Hydra 6 with Python pc which was not very impressive for me. :no: Then upgraded to Isotek Sigmas with just Eichmann pc. :thumbup:

Edited by ical

thanks for recommendation cal :D

actually i tried with my amp and it gave me tighter bass and superb transparency :D

jus now swapped to my wall socket to my distributor and using the Z1 for the amp...

very smooth,transparency and overall very balanced and very tight bass... :thumbup: