matbon0013

What are you listening to NOW!

The only other DSD+SBM Mastered disc I have. It makes these old late '50s & 60's evergreen tunes very listenable on the digital format. Surprising lack of or minimal hiss in the background & good sound quality. A few songs sounded bad when it reaches the higher registers which presumably was due to the original recording or less likely the new Mullard CV4003 on my tube amp has not fully burned in yet.

Wonderful gatefold style double CD packaging with an enclosed lyrics sheet for you to sing along to the catchy songs & hone in your karaoke skills! LOL! Favourite tracks are Nat King Cole - Quizas, Quizas, Quizas. Diana Krall also recorded the english version. I love this song. Jim Reevs - Welcome to my world. Most of the songs are this tempo. Laid back & relaxing. Reevs' vocals is sooo velvety smooth which compliments the orchestra & wonderful double bass. I have the original LP of this inherited from my uncle. It still sounds fresh albeit needing a good professional clean to remove the snap, crackle & pops.

The 2nd CD is all instrumentals. Cool James Bond, Mission Impossible & Hawai Five O original theme tunes! Alot more details in the recording on headphones than would be heard on TV. Like the sound of a clavis (wood thingie instrument, makes a 'clack-clack' sound) in the distant background of the Mission Impossible track. All time favourite, The Shadows - Apache, The Champs - Tequila & Paul Mauriat - Love is Blue. I recollect happy moments of my youth travelling with my family in the car on long road trips. Ahh... happy.gif Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

SAVE.jpg

user posted image

Fav tracks: what can I do, so young, dreams, intimacy

andrea's smooth vocal sounds marvellous and absolutely relaxing on my er-4s etys.gif .Great breaktime music after a long period of study! tongue.gif

Tin Machine - A must have for Bowie fans, one of his better post 80's efforts, a return to the raw, dark, grinding guitar-based punk/rock that had formed the classic Ziggy and Diamond Dogs albums.

Favourite track is the cover of John Lennon's - Working Class Hero

This is also easily one of my favourite vocal/guitar/bass/drums rock band I have had the pleasure of watching, play live.

post-4-1066025394.gif

Edited by matbon0013

user posted image

EMI Records Ref 582 1362

Remastering of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, using DSD technology for 5.1 surround presentation.

Powerful statements from Time (Track 4), Money (Track 6) and Brain Damage (Track 9). I think the remastering process by Sony is improving now wink.gif

Mat, my fav is the title track Tin Machine. Reminds me of my mum's Isuzu Gemini! LOL! Ask my brother why!

Tee, is yours the SACD hybrid CD too? Awesome CD.

Emi Fujita - Camomile Extra

A great sounding album overall, but disturbingly, despite the alleged 24bit/192khz mastering, there is some distortion/noise, esp on the first track, Fields of Gold, at the 1:27 mark.

Evanescence - Fallen

I actually like every track on this album, which does not happen often. I must have a thing for vampire/gothic music.

Track 2, Bring Me To Life, has some noise/distortion.

The problems were audible even at very low volume. hammer.gif

I missed them when trying them out at That CD Shop probably because of the loud booming of their subwoofers in the background.

I'd be very happy if all of my CDs sounded like those by King Records(Japan). Zero problems with all of them.

Cool one Zen!!!

Emi Fujita - Camomile Extra

A great sounding album overall, but disturbingly, despite the alleged 24bit/192khz mastering, there is some distortion/noise, esp on the first track, Fields of Gold, at the 1:27 mark.

Hi av98m, I'm interested in what source equipment do you play the Emi Fujita CD?

Guns 'n' Roses - Night Train (CD single) on the Meridian/META/7506........*hit the repeat button*

NAD 541i, Airhead, SR80.

I was thinking the problem lay in using the airhead with a home CD player, but there was no clipping, the distortion is already present in the recording. And all my other CDs sound great on it, even with the volume cranked up high.

Edited by av98m

av98m, I would agree that the recording is dependant on matching equipments maybe. I used them on my portable gear and the distortion is there. Once I played it on my home system speakers and home headphone setup the distortion disappeared like it was not there. I also remembered at Ramiesh's house listening to it when ablaze pointed it out it was there (the distortion on the first track ~1m 25s). Might it be system synergy? unsure.gif

Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk. I had just been given this CD by a good friend, not one of her better work but her singing style is her trademark (so to speak) and she is one of my many favourite female vocalists. Although, I have yet to acquire her much hyped "Strange Little Girls" LP where she covers song by Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, Eminem and also among others Slayer. Oh well! this album scores good for me for the time being

post-4-1066129050.jpg