Sign in to follow this  
evil-zen

First Sgheadphone meet impression

Alrighty guys, that's as far as OT goes. The lounge is a more appropriate place for this kinda chat. Discuss about Sam Leong to death for all U want over there. tongue.giflol.gif

Edited by Mackie

so mackie, did you try all the cans at the meet?

how's your finding?

How come I don't see you guys posting your impression hammer.gifhammer.gif

at least zen, ting and me did post some impression.. wink.gif

I managed to relive my experience with HD600 and try the Grados. Beyond that, I did not try any other cans. I tried a few head amps and the Gilmore left a deep impression on me. I think I was busy tweaking Sipher and Varian's cdps as requested by them.

Anyhow, the conditions are not ideal for accurate auditions. I have more fun getting to know and talk to U chaps.

hehehhehe .. true

actually I find that those who came earlier, like ting etc had more time comparing. I had only arrived when he was already comparing the sony and w1000. During this time, the noise level was quite low and was actually quite ideal for A/B ing already biggrin.gif

Lucky ting laugh.gif

so how's the grados? was it sr-325?

I do hope one thing was demonstrated - well hopefully. System matching is all important. If the system has synergy be very carefully what others tell you about a particular can or amp or CDP. Their set up is never the same as as such the only real way to know for sure before buying is an audition with your equipment. For instance, the Creek with a warm sounding CDP like a Primare D-20 and a warm pair of cans like the Senn HD-600 is gonna sound dead and mushy. Likewise a bright can like the Grado SR-325 with the X-Cans and a bright CDP like the Rotel is gonna be a ear bleed LOL.

There is no such this as complete neutrality as one man's neutral is anothers warm or bright. Then you throw in sound stage etc into the picture and you'll end up getting into a hot debate or catfight.

heehhe.. in the meet the most synergetic(IMO of course) is the micro zotl and the cd3000 hooked up to the rotel cdp. very nice and smooth sounding. The rest are a lil bit off, to me.. sound bright...

I think I would have loved the ZOLT!

wait for rameish's review.. I think he will be auditioning both the ZOTL and the gilmore soon happy.gif

wonder how both will fare against the ha-2 hm.....

By the way, I think the oven should be redesigned, having the headphone jack on top is very strange ...I've even seen a few head-fiers who sold their berning coz of this issue

I am biased, I think it looks absolutely fantastic! That red colour really looks striking!

heh I prefer the blue colour biggrin.gif I love blue stuffs

hehhe.. corda blue tongue.gif .. in da future happy.gif

I suggested a hotel ballroom because it would be big, quiet, have beer, can smoke and I expect the next meet to be twice the size at least (28 guys in anyone's home except the kaya would be a bit much).

Wah you quite optimistic hor.

28 people would be less than 10% of the population but think about it - unlike the american forums 90% of members live within a 30 click radius.

University turorial rooms could be ideal as well but could pose transport problems. Hmm... may be have it at the Guild House at NUS. Now why didn't I think of that. I mean some of you must be members right? And they have medium size function rooms. Air-con, got beer, can smoke, need nice lounge chairs though. Carry cans in one hand and carry can in other staggering towards the next listening station. IDEAL.

I maybe able to book a fucntion room in the Singapore Poly guildhouse. It should be able to hold 30++ people. Just let me know when will the next meet be held.

thanks for the help lengcm

anyone suggests the next meet?

I hope it's not anytime soon... we've just had one meet recently.. wink.gif

guys, dont mean to be a wet blanket, but dont confuse total members with active members. hammer.gif