tropicalrips

Digital Camera

1st pic, area of focus abit off, that's why you get the center sharp, and the surrounding blur. You can try using aperture lock, to make the foreground sharp and the background blur.

2nd pic, nice depth of field, but the top abit cut off, would have looked better if it was in.

Nice vibrant colors on the 3rd pic. smile.gif

Some nature pics I took in Copenhagen 2 weeks ago with my Canon S45. My first macro shots, welcome any comments!

Very nice colors!

1st IMHO the focus should be on the nearest flowers.

2nd try portrait

3rd lovely! I like it!

4th correct exposure, but composition could be better, don't put the tree on the centre...

My2Cents wink.gif

Photobucket is back online yes.gif

Here is a crop of moon foto taken with my new S1-IS. Handheld at 380mm (35mm eqv.), post processed in PS.

user posted image

thanks for your comments guys! I'm still a newbie at phototaking. All shots were taken on AUTO mode, not photoshopped.

Guys.........should shoot the moon at 9.09pm tonight. It's said to be at its roundest from earth's perspective and the same view will not appear till 2013.

Edited by Mackie

Thanks for the heads up Mackie, hope it isn't cloudy tonight! Wanna try out the Olympus C750's night shot mode.

Guys.........should shoot the moon at 9.09pm tonight. It's said to be at its roundest from earth's perspective and the same view will not happen till 2013.

Really ??? Oo, that's sounds good yes.gif Thanks for the info, will shoot the moon tonight happy.gif

Dang it was cloudy & rained at my side the only night shots I got were of these...

user posted image user posted image user posted image

Yes, it was cloudy, but now (10:45pm), it is clear already yes.gif

Here is my shot, Canon S1-IS handheld, ISO50 * f/5.6 * 1/250s, croped and processed in PS a little bit, and then sized up 150% with Genuine Fractals.

user posted image

I wish I have a DSLR with long tele tongue.gif

Edited by bpribadi

Bram, you continue to amaze me with your skills. Good shot and hand-held? Knock me down! ohmy.gif

Don't play play, the image stabilizer ain't for show party.gif ... I tried going down to as low as 1/6 handheld, and its still pretty sharp. So far, 1/20 handheld is always sharp on this camera. wink.gif

Good shot and hand-held?

I leaned on a fence to keep steady, and the IS is really wonderful also.